23 November 2007

Do you know what to look for?

I saw this alcohol ad in Wired magazine, I thought that was a little odd. It has been a while since I’ve seen an alcohol ad, maybe I haven’t paid attention or maybe I just don’t pick up the right magazines. Anyway, this looks like a new take on the old ‘pour alcohol into a glass and have subtle images appear’ trick. The caption that follows is “For those who know what to look for.” For those who don’t, the image includes a woman seated on a lounge chair, legs crossed, in a somewhat sexy pose and a man in a suit with glass in hand approaching her or looking at her. In between them is the bottle of alcohol and the backdrop of the image is another bottle. Basically it is a bar pickup scene.

2 comments:

Rieko said...

Wow. The image looks awesome. I wonder how they tweaked the image to look like everything is made of liquid. I wonder it's a Photoshop technique or not. Alcohol commercials and advertisements are always creative and visually sharp. I love watching them always.

Content Blogger said...

The image does draw you in. At first I saw wood grains though. I guess they had a very specific target group in mind when doing this since I Don't see it appealing to everyone. It does have the fluidity of alcohol integrated in the technique but I wish there were different colors... perhaps because I'm thinking wine and not bear. Which company is this advertisement for and what exactly is the product? I still love the image though.