05 October 2007

in the Details

I have always enjoyed puzzles, riddles, tongue twisters and finding Waldo. As a child, the search for Waldo was endless, but now I enjoy the “second glance” pictures where search for differences in two or more images, requiring that you pay attention to detail. As a sat patiently staring at the Washington Post’s latest Second Glance: Scoping It Out, I realized that I was unconsciously training all these years for the ultimate challenge of typesetting that awaits me this semester and in the future. Reviewing text and making it flow correctly is no small task. I usually just view it as a puzzle, takes time to arrange all of the pieces and be sure to avoid rivers and widows and orphans, oh my! Once done, I may be a little cross-eyed, but I’d do it again.

 If you would like to try your hand at Second Glance: Scoping It Out, click on the name for link.

2 comments:

m4rk said...

It's like PhotoHunt at the bar, but free--I love it!

Kristina said...

I saw this in the Washington Post Magazine this past Sunday and meant to look at and didn't. Thanks for posting it!

I have to agree with Mark too -- only PhotoHunt at the bar is much more fun! :)