18 October 2007

How did they know? Just what I wanted!

Junk mail strikes again. I just received my Heifer International Holiday catalog! (Every girl’s dream.) I’ve never heard of this organization so at first glance I was stumped. Of course the cover was decked out with Christmas ornaments and a nice picture of sheep (not heifers, sheep) against a photoshopped Christmasy background. The randomness of junk mail, never a dull moment!

All jokes aside this is a charitable organization working to end world hunger.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Heifer International is one of my favorite charitable organizations...regardless of how tacky their holiday catalog might be?
When you donate to them, they take your money and donate a livestock animal to a family in a developing country! It uses the "adopt a child" approach to charity...you know exactly where your money is going (unlike with some charities, where it goes into the "general fund" to be used for unknown purposes). I haven't been able to afford to donate to charity in a while, but I really love Heifer International. If you're looking for a gift to give someone who has everything (including a social conscience), I think making a donation in their name would be a great idea.